Harissa is a flavorful seasoning that is popular in the Northern parts of Africa. It is used in many dishes. It is used to marinate and grill or bake meats, and fish. It is also used to roast or sautéed vegetables. It adds an amazing flavor to stews and soups. It is used mostly in the country of Tunisia and Morocco.
- 1 pounds or 16 ounces. of (Chicken, Beef, fish, vegetables, tofu, and mushrooms)
- Rinse your Chicken drums or vegetables.
- Add salt or any salt alternative.
- Add 2 teaspoon of Harissa seasoning to your meat.
- Cut up some bell peppers, onions and garlic and add to meat and toss them together.
- Add 1-2 teaspoon(s) of oil (any oil)
- (Optional) Place ingredients in a ziplock bag or a bowl, close it and let it marinated for 30 minutes to 2 hours in a refrigerator.
- Grill or bake (375 F) the chicken along with the peppers in an oven for about 30 – 45 minutes. To keep meat juicy wrap it in foil or use an air fryer.
- (Optional) Place Chicken and peppers into cast iron pan. Cover it with foil and let it slowly cook in the oven at 375 F for 30 – 45 minutes. This will give you a juicy delicious and flavorful meat with a little sauce made by the combination of the chicken juice, harissa spice, onion, bell peppers and garlic.
- Pair Harissa chicken drums with brown butter Couscous or rice.