Have you tried our Jollof rice seasoning? If not you are missing out! Click the HERE to order yours! Our Jollof seasoning will make your Jollof a winner regardless of what country you are from.
Jollof rice is a rice dish popular in West African countries. It is rice simmered in blend of tomatoes, peppers and other spices.
Afromeals Jollof rice spice
1 (6oz) can tomato paste
1-2 cups of water or meat stock
6 cloves of garlic
(optional) 1 tsp cayenne pepper powder
(optional) 1 habanero pepper
1/2 cup oil (any oil of your choice)
2 plum tomatoes
2 cups of mini-sweet peppers or 2 red bell peppers
51/2 cups of parboiled rice or Jasmine rice
(Optional) 6 bouillon cubes or 2 tbsp of bouillon powder (Maggi or Knorr or vegetable bouillon powder or cubes)
Salt to taste
- (Optional step) Wash rice and keep in hot water and put it aside (this helps to soften the rice.
- In a blend your tomatoes, peppers, garlic, and onions.
- Heat up pan/pot under medium-high temperature, then add oil
- Add your tomato paste and fry it in the oil. Stir the paste in the oil for about 3 minutes in the oil. Do not stop stirring until tomato paste is done frying. At this point heat under the pan is medium-low or tomato paste will burn.
- Once the tomato paste is done frying in oil, add the blended ingredients carefully to the tomato paste and stir for a few seconds. Be careful as the sauce/stew will start to pop out. Once blended ingredients are in increase the heat to medium heat.
- Add your bouillon powder or cubes and 1/4 afromeals Jollof seasoning. Allow the stew to cook for about 10 minutes under medium heat. Make sure to stir it every 3 minutes so it doesn’t burn.
- After 10 minutes, drain the water from your rice and add it to the stew. Stir it and allow the rice to mix well with the stew.
- Add 1 cup of meat stock and stir.
- Cover the pot with foil and close the pot with a lid.
- Let rice cook under low heat until it is soft.
- (Optional step) once the rice is soft cut up some red onion and colorful bell peppers and stir it into the rice and serve with fried plantain and any type of meat, or seafood.